It’s 2019, well March, so I guess should finally post.
Here is to 28.
- I hate mint gum. It tastes like trash tbh and anything mint related is TRASH. Sorry Ninz.
- I always wear socks
- I have road rage. My friends always talk crap about it but truth is, we all have it biko. Me I just don’t hide my own.
- I have 3 siblings that I absolutely adore.
- I always, ALWAYS, fall asleep in the movie theater.
- My life goal is to be impactful – in art, music, philanthropy, faith, food, family and everything. Literally in everything I do.
- My longest relationship lasted 4years and 11months. She is happily married. Free it.
- My go to fast food order is at Chic Fil A. Even though I don’t go there often but I get a large strawberry milkshake, large fries, a spicy chicken deluxe, chicken tenders and chicken nuggets with tons of chic-fil-a sauce and Polynesian sauce.
- I was born in 1991. Duh! Isn’t that why I am writing 28 of these?
- I am 6’1+ but no one really cares about the extra, so we don’t talk about.
- My idea of a dream date is something chill tbh. Some take out, green, drinks, physical activity, and a view.
- I hate theme parks – rides make me sick and want to throw up. Don’t judge!
- My celebrity crushes include Stefflon Don, Seyi Shay and someone I cannot mention.
- My pet peeves include people constantly trying to act like victims. We all suck. Get over it.
- In my free time, I love to play FIFA, write and be left the hell alone.
- I love watching Nature documentaries
- My artistic role model is David Attenborough
- I am happiest with my family in my life.
- My favorite color is maroon but favorite color to wear is black. I look really good in black.
- My favorite value in friendship is understanding.
- I use a MacBook and I need a new one. So if you want to bless me with one, do the needful.
- I was born in Sacramento, California.
- Right now, I feel relieved that I am finally writing and posting this almost two months after it was initially supposed to go up.
- My favorite moment from y childhood was spending Christmas at my grandparents with my cousins from all over. RIP Grandparents.
- I will describe myself as a complex person that is simple to understand.
- I want to visit Asia this year.
- I work for a tech startup.
2018 was a lot of things and I think it knocked my confidence a bit. I was searching for it in certain spaces, searching for validation and encouragement but failing to remind myself that I am freaking awesome and I deserve the best.
For the better part of the last few years, I have settled for less because I didn’t always believe my slay and I walked in the world like my previous mistakes didn’t qualify me for happiness.
Enough of that nonsense. 2019 has to be better. I deserve multiple upgrades, open doors, and orgasms. Yeah, I said it.
Finances: We have started the year well. God blessed me with a sweet promotion to start out the year and I have been walking in that spirit so far. Saving has always been a struggle for me but so far, I am able to put somethings aside and feel empowered to save. So that feels really good.
Goal is to clear all of my active debt by September. That includes credit cards that are not bringing any value and the likes.
One after the other, they must go.
Expected Score – A+
Relationships: I have not really enjoyed a relationship like my longest one and the start of my last one. Some days, I worry that I don’t even know how to do relationships and romantic love anymore. Like it legit scares me.
Part of really loving someone is being very humble and learning the person to the core. Also forming a strong relationship that most times translates to a deep bond. Loving shouldn’t be performative or hinged on reciprocity. No part of it should be vindictive or holding on to wrongdoing.
I got so used to the type where you would fight or argue and not talk for two weeks or whatever. Like it became normal after loving people that I couldn’t go 24hrs without talking to.
I used to think I was great for anyone but my focus has now been praying for my own person. IF God has already put that person in my life, then helping us connect on that and if they coming, then God keep me patient for them and vigilant. I don’t want to end the year single, again.
Expected Score – C+
Faith: I thank God for never giving up on me. I am working on being much closer and aligned with him. Just letting him have his way with me and my life.
Expected Score – B-
Fitness: I think owning my diet is the biggest hurdle to jump here and I am actively working on it. Reminding myself that I am on a journey and just putting one foot before the other.
Expected Score – B
Creativity: I am inspired again. Once I stopped searching for perfection or comparing myself to others. Look out, I will be pushing my boundaries this year.
Expected Score – A
Thanks for reading as always!
Thank you for commenting. Here is to a fun 2019!
You are highly appreciated.
© 2019 #WhatTheHeckMan
One thought on “28.”
Yes Sanmi! Finish 2019 with a bang because you are deserving of it.
Also, don’t be hard on yourself, take things slow and gradually form a thing from it.
You are destined for greatness and we are rooting for you. Shine on bearded King